In addition to monthly membership meetings, MALT hosts or participates in a number of annual craft beer and homebrewing events. Some such events include:
- Barleywine Event – Celebrate the cold weather by warming up inside the Highland Lake Inn for this epic bottleshare
- Big Beer Bash – A club-sponsored sampling and bottleshare celebrating the ‘Pop the Cap’ law
- Brew-Ins – Watch others brew and learn about different methods/gear
- Just Brew It Homebrew Festival & Competition – The best beer festival in Asheville!
- Bus Trips – Tour breweries in other cities
- Belgian Beer Bash – A club-sponsored sampling and bottleshare
- Blue Ridge Brew Off (BRBO) – A BJCP-sanctioned homebrew competition organized and hosted by MALT
- Sour Soiree – A club-sponsored sampling and bottleshare
- North Carolina Homebrew Invitational (NCHI) – A homebrew festival and campout
- Cider Event – Learn about tasting and making cider and get some fresh pressed juice to create your own
- The Great Beer Swap-A-Roo! – A holiday white elephant craft beer gift exchange
For dates of upcoming events, check out our calendar.