In Person!!! Come join us in the White Labs Culture Room at 7p for an extended ‘social hour’ and homebrew share.
The Mountain Ale and Lager Tasters welcomes you to the wonderful world of fermented beverages! We are a non-profit homebrewing club located in Asheville, North Carolina. We are devoted to the support and education of homebrewers of beer, cider, and mead, as well as preserving over 5,000 years of brewing culture.
- Guest speakers from the local brew community
- Collaborative brew-ins and wort share
- Learn about tasting beer through informal events or formal Beer Judge Certification Program (BJCP) opportunities
- Judge training and support in attaining BJCP certification
- Novice to advanced learning opportunities to further brewing knowledge and skill
- Blue Ridge Brew Off – One of the largest homebrew competitions in the region
- Monthly meetings with educational topics, friendly Brew Battles, and the chance to share your creations with like-minded enthusiasts
- Big Beer Bash – Celebration of the Pop the Cap legislation (NC HB 392) that raised the legal ABV for beer in NC from 6% to 15%
- Barleywine Event – Bottle share at the historic Highland Lake Inn Resort
- What the Saison?! – Saison tasting and education
Just Brew It – Homebrew festival and competition, hosted by Just Economics
- Belgian Beer Bash – Belgian beer tasting and education
- Sour Soirée bottle share
- Cider Convergence – Cider tasting and education, with the option to purchase local apple juice to make your own cider
- One free entry into the BRBO homebrew competition
- Discount for additional household members
- Annual Bus/Camp Trip
- Discounts and special offers at local businesses
- Tours of local and regional breweries
- Email newsletter of upcoming events and happenings around the western NC brewing scene
Become a member today on our Membership Page and we look forward to meeting you soon.
Member of the Asheville Brewers Alliance and the American Homebrewers Association.
Proud supporter of the Carolina Brewer of the Year, Carolina Master Brewer of the Year, and the Carolina Mead Maker of the Year.