Mountain Ale and Lager Tasters (MALT) is a non-profit club located in Asheville, North Carolina formed to engage in social and educational activities focused on homebrewing as a common foundation. MALT members desire to learn more about the characteristics, production, and history of various styles of fermented beverages. The club promotes skills relating to tasting, beer judging and brewing techniques by sharing knowledge and experience. MALT promotes the hobby and enjoyment of homebrewing as well as the responsible use of alcoholic beverages.
Why Join MALT?
- Monthly Club Meeting – share homebrew and camaraderie each month with fellow enthusiasts.
- MALTmail – Yahoo! Groups email-based discussion forum and up-to-date happenings in Asheville beer.
- Club Specific Events – Big Beer Bash, Club Brew In, Belgian Beer Bash, Club Bus Trip
- Education – Learn to taste beer with informal education topics and formal BJCP (Beer Judge Certification Program) opportunities.
- Fun - Yep, that’s what our ultimate goal is – to enjoy the camaraderie among friends, brewing beer, discussing beer, and sharing beer.
How to Join MALT?
You can join MALT in one of three easy ways! Yearly dues for membership are $20 and include a spouse or significant other.
1. PayPal – www.paypal.com send your dues plus $1 service fee (Total: $21) to MALTasheville@gmail.com – include your name on the payment, please.By sending dues through Paypal you agree to the conditions stated in the MALT membership form and waiver.
2. Bring your dues to the next club meeting! Check payable to MALT.
3. Mail your dues, check payable to MALT:Owen Halpeny
3 Ridgeview Way
Asheville NC 28803